Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Writing letters to future self

I can't believe I am so close to being finished with high school. Just a few more days left. As part of a whole year group school project we are supposed to write letters to ourselves which will be placed in a time capsule and re-opened in 15 years.

15 years is a long time. I can't even imagine my life one year later, let alone 15 years. So that's what I did today.

Writing this letter made me very teary because the past 17 years of my life has been pretty amazing. I can't complain.  I've been lucky enough to go to a good school, have a great family and made some incredible friends.

This letter was really difficult for me to write because I don't have any expectations of myself in 15 years. Will I be married, have kids? Did I end up studying engineering? What will my job be? Please let me have a job and a dog. I really really want a dog.

The truth is if I open my letter in 15 years and my life is completely different to how I thought it would be, I am completely okay with that.

I am excited to open that letter in 15 years. I highly recommend doing this because it is just cool to see how your life changed.

Comment below if you've done this before and how it went for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment