Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Microwave poached egg- Quick and Easy

I love eggs. I love eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I don't care how its cooked- omelette, scrambled, poached, whatever, I will eat it. My favourite way to eat eggs is definitely poached. I love it when I cut into the egg and the runny yolk oozes out- so delicious.The annoying thing about poaching an egg is that it takes so long and in the mornings before school I just don't have the time to poach an egg since I'm too lazy to get up early. Recently I figured out how to poach an egg in the microwave and it literally takes 3 minutes. Less if you are speedy unlike me who is like a slug in the mornings. This is such a great idea that will save your mornings if you love poached eggs like me
Quick tips to the perfect poached egg:
1. Add vinegar to the water before you crack the egg. The vinegar will help keep the egg from separating.
2. Always use fresh eggs since they will less likely separate.
3. Add the salt after the egg has been poached because adding salt to the egg while it is uncooked will cause it to separate.

If you liked this please comment and share with your friends.

Step 1: Fill a bowl with water to about 1/4 of the way and crack and egg into the bowl.
If you like your yolk to be runny just leave it the way it is but if you want your egg yolk to be cooked then use a tooth pick to poke a few holes into the yolk.


Step 2: Place the bowl into the microwave and microwave for about 45 seconds to 1minute and 15 seconds.  The time that you microwave it for will depend on how strong your microwave is and how runny you like your egg to be. I personally suggest microwaving the egg for 30 seconds and checking on it and then microwaving it in 15 second increments until it is done. The first time you do it you have to experiment with the timing but after that it is so easy. For my microwave I microwave my egg for exactly 55 seconds which gives me a nice gooey yolk. 



And Voila. One easy peasy poached egg in the microwave. It does not get any easier than this!


I personally like to eat my poached egg on a piece of nice buttery bread.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment