Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Music Mania Monday- songs of the month

Here are my top 3 songs of the month. Comment below your top 3 songs of the month and I will be sure to check them out because I am always on the look out for new music.

1. Salute- Little Mix

This is the perfect summer anthem! This is one of those songs that the more you listen to the better it gets. I love the upbeat chorus. It just makes me want to dance around and scream to. I actually have this song on my workout playlist because it just gets me pumping and excited to work out. I also love Little Mix and their music and I love girl power music. This is  one of my favourite songs to listen to on road trips and whenever it comes on the radio, I always sing the song at the top of my lungs!
The music video is super fitting for the song because it's a lot more mature than their other music but the dancing as usual is amazing. Definitely check this song and music video out if you haven't!





Try- Colbie Caillat
I first discovered this song after I read an article on the song in Dolly magazine. The moment I saw the music video and heard the song I fell in love. This song has been on repeat constantly this month. I love the meaning of this song and I think he lyrics are just so beautiful. My favourite line is "Do you like you?". That lyric really relates to me because I have always been self conscious and insecure. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be pretty and skinny and I was really unhappy with myself. That is why I love this song so much. It reminds me to live myself the way I am because it's my life. 
I have been a big fan of Colbie Caillat since her song bubbly came out a couple of years ago. I love her summery simple melody with beautiful lyrics. She is a huge inspiration and more female artists should be promoting self confidence in girls.
I also love the video concept. At the beginning we have Colbie and a range of women wearing lots of makeup and they slowly reveal themselves without makeup through the video. I have to say that Colbie looks beautiful without makeup as well as the other girls! I just wish they had shown some Asian girls in the video but I commend them for having a wide range of ages and ethnicities. It is a breath of fresh air in the pop music world!



Somebody to you-The Vamps ft Demi Lovato
This song has been all over the radio and the pop world and there is a reason for that- IT IS SO DAMN CATCHY! It is the perfect summer dance party song because it is so upbeat and fun. I also love Demi Lovato- She is just a goddess in this music video. She looks so beautiful and I wish she had more lines because her voice fits perfectly with the song. I actually am quite new to The Vamps and I am still discovering their music and I still don't actually know who they actually are! I don't normally listen to this type of music but it is so catch and fun that I couldn't help loving. If you have any other songs by The Vamps that you think I should listen to, comment them down below and I will check them out!



 






No comments:

Post a Comment