Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

DIY acne treatment

This is a treatment that I used to use when I was 13-14 years old when I used to have bad forehead acne. Recently my face has been breaking out really badly due to stress with exams. I had forgotten about this treatment and had been using a number of fancy face products to try and clear my face. However none of them seemed to be working and so I came back to the good old salt treatment  and it has done wonders for my skin. 

Sea Salt is a natural detoxifier so it absorbs all the bad stuff from our skin leaving it healthy and clean. This makes sea salt perfect for reducing the size of your pores, getting rid of blackheads and even healing wounds faster.  I've found that this treatment has made my skin softer, smoother and reduced scarring on my face. Furthermore it has helped with my oily skin.

I like to do this once to two times a week depending on how bad my skin is. This salt treatment is the easiest thing in the world and is super quick! I swear by salt for reducing acne! 


Step 1
Boil some water. I prefer to use a deep saucepan and boil 3-4 cups of water but you can use a shallower pot with less water. 




Step 2
Add 4-5 teaspoons of salt. Sea salt is preferred but I have done this with table salt and it works fine. Keep in mind that if your skin is super sensitive use less salt.



Step 3
Take the pot off the heat and place a facecloth in the water and completely submerge. 




Step 4
Let the water cool until it is just cool enough to put on your face but still hot enough to work its magic. Then take the cloth out of the pot and let it sit on your face for 20 minutes. If the cloth cools down quickly you can place it back into the water to let it reheat before placing it back onto your face.

Step 5
Feel how clean and smooth your face is!

Notes:
It is important to keep in mind that while salt is great for acne too much can dry out the skin. Therefore it is important to always use a moisturiser after doing this treatment. I prefer to use a sheet face mask after this because it allows the goodness to really seep into my clean skin.


These are my favourite ones to use. These are the Tonymoly Pureness 100 snail mask sheet. My friend got them for me from Korea and they make my face super soft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment