Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

DIY warm smoothie


In New Zealand it is currently winter and in Auckland it has been so cold lately that it is hard to motivate myself to stay healthy. While I love smoothies in the summer i can't say that a ice cold smoothie does the same for me in winter. Until I discovered this warm apple pie smoothie. It literally tastes like apple pie and warms me up in the morning and I love. The smoothie is super easy and totally customisable. It only has 3 ingredients, you can't get easier than that! This recipe can serve two.



All you need is one large apple, cinnamon and a mandarin. 

Step 1
Dice the apple into small cubes and place them into a microwave safe bowl. 


Step 2
Fill the bowl with enough water to cover the apples. Then add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon depending on how much you like cinnamon. I love cinnamon so I like to add 2 teaspoons.


Step 3
Place the apples into the microwave for 2 minutes or until your apples are soft. 


While the apples are microwaving, peel the mandarin and chuck them into the blender. You can add honey for sweetness if you want.


Step 4
Chuck the apples with the liquid into the blender and blend until smooth.


And voila! It is literally the best thing on a cold winter morning. It warms me up from the inside and tastes like apple pie. Who doesn't like apple pie! 





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete